I was very lucky to be given two passes to the Warehouse SG launch of their latest Autumn-Winter collection at their store in Ion. Managed to persuade Q to accompany me there somehow, despite her apparent lack of interest in fashion. Some unimpressive photos below under the cut, taken with my low-tech phone camera. Have a look and remind me why I need to change my phone already....


We arrived around 730pm and the crowd was already starting to fill in. Canapes and bubbly were served while the shoppers browsed the new collection. Q already had some food prior to this, and I wasn't particularly hungry so we didn't really eat much. Before 8pm the store was crowded with shoppers waiting for the fashion showcase to begin.

unruly crowd 

The emcee, a dainty and bubbly woman called Ling, did a great job of introducing the Nylon editor-in-chief Adele and her colleagues/subordinates, and made the us feel very at home with her cheerful chatter. At around 8pm she announced the start of the fashion showcase and the models started to stream in. 

Emcee Ling with one of the Nylon magazine representatives

Warehouse's autumn winter collection was very interesting- with loads of patterns and different textures like tweed, leather mixed in. The colours were more dark and sullen- with maroons, blacks, greys dominating the colour palette. Layering was key to the autumn-winter look. 

leather with a touch of sequins 

layering with lace

Prints and patterned motifs were also available in a range of designs, on sweaters/jumpers, pants and dresses. These designs were very unique on their own- sufficient to spice up your entire outfit, but also versatile and great for matching with plain bottoms. 
patterned jumpers the trend 

wrap up and final view of the four beautiful leggy models

As it was an informal event and I didn't watch to be dressed too over-the-top for work, I wore a simple black and pink feather-patterned chiffon dress, paired with simple black t-bar sandals, silver-rimmed pink faced Guess watch and light makeup with a touch of pale pink to complement the dress.

customary selfie 

outfit for work/the night, don't mind the messy background 

I hadn't yet thought of what to wear for today last night, but while chatting to my sister, I did my nails coincidentally in matching colours of muted pink/violet with a small touch of silver. Touché.  

toned-down bling nails :)